“We had to have a knowledge of the mountains . . . that was very important. We got to know the mountains.“
~ Grace L. Hudowalski (#9)
2022 was a remarkable year, marking the centennials of three significant events in the history of the Adirondack high peaks: formation of the Adirondack Mountain Club, publication of Bob Marshall’s High Peaks of the Adirondacks and Grace Hudowalski’s first ascent of Mount Marcy. Here are some of the highlights of the past year and a “peek” at what is coming in 2023.
- SAVE THE DATE: 2023 High Peaks History Celebration, September 23, 2023. Reserve your spot!
- LIVESTREAMING NOW: The Mountains Will Wait For You.
- PRESERVING OUR SHARED HERITAGE: Trust secures donation of historic video interviews of early 46ers to add to the growing collection of the Adirondack History Museum
- AVAILABLE TO OWN: Bob Marshall’s High Peaks of the Adirondacks, Centennial Edition.
- SECURING THE FUTURE: Trust receives unprecedented $328,000 donation.